Featured as Apple’s “New and Noteworthy” and “Staff Favorites” for Education! Winner of the Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design. Winner of Parents’ Choice Award for Mobile Apps!
This fun and interactive story will teach your child about music instruments and jazz music. The book features original illustrations and music, as well as sounds from real acoustic instruments.
Join our two cute kittens as they visit the Jazz Big Band and meet the animal musicians!
Play our featured interactive audio and visual games “Find The Instrument” or “Which Instrument Sounds Like This?”
and put your knowledge to the test!
A JAZZY DAY is easy to use! Kids simply tap on the instruments to hear the sounds. Enjoy the music and animation!
CREATED BY PROFESSIONAL MUSIC EDUCATORS – DESIGNED FOR YOUNG KIDS ( and for “kids” of all ages! )
Thanks to all of our supporters! We are honored by the fantastic reviews:
A winning app. This highly user-friendly primer gives kids both a macro and micro lesson about jazz music.Kirkus Reviews
This is a must-have app for homeschoolers and provides a wonderful introduction to jazz music. A Jazzy Day uses a superb blend of high quality animation, original music, great story-telling, interactivity, and game playing to inspire and educate students about jazz music and instruments. Bravo!
This melody book is amazing! The kittens are adorable and the music is really great! My other absolute favorite part of this app is the layering effect it shows that jazz music has. It hits it right on the nose. As you turn the page and a new instrument is added, it gives you a satisfied feeling and makes you want to see what else will be added.
A family that loves music, and feels music is important, will benefit from having A Jazzy Day. The story is cute, navigation is simple, and the games are excellent. Everything put together makes a great basis for starting a child’s love of music that will, hopefully, grow. Apptudes
A Jazzy Day is a great app that helps broaden children’s knowledge of instruments and gives them a new appreciation for music.
The iPhone Mom
A fantastic introduction to the sound, shapes and names of instruments in beautiful and unpretentious solid app.
* Interactive pages – touch the animals or instruments and listen.
* Original Jazz Big Band music!
* Audio recordings of real acoustic instruments.
* Your child will learn to recognize the sight and sound of a saxophone, trumpet, trombone, bass, vibraphone and more.
* Animated Big Band arrangement demonstrating the use of the different instruments and sections.
* Vivid and colorful illustrations that every kid will love.
* Read to Me – reads and plays the story automatically.
* Read it Myself – allows you to read the story at your own pace.
* Games : “Find the instrument” and “Which instrument sounds like this”.
* Available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
* Very easy and simple to use – especially designed for little fingers.
* This app will teach and inspire your child to start playing a music instrument.
* Fun for children, and parents will enjoy watching their kids learn!
The music instruments featured in the book are:
Please let us know if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org